One Financial Markets is committed to providing a high level of service to all its clients all of the time. However, we know things can go wrong sometimes and therefore we have a complaints handling procedure that ensures we will listen to your issue, treat it seriously and learn from our mistakes so that we can continuously improve our service.
We are committed to dealing with queries and complaints sympathetically and efficiently and, in the event we are in the wrong, we will aim to put things right at the earliest opportunity.
If you have a query regarding your account or your dealings with One Financial Markets in general you should notify the Client Services department as soon as reasonably practicable by:
Telephoning on +44 203 857 2100
Writing to Client Services, One Financial Markets, 1 Finsbury Market, London, EC2A 2BN, United Kingdom
Most queries can be resolved immediately or within 24 hours but if your issue requires further investigation, we will endeavour to contact you within 5 business days of the initial query to advise you of the outcome.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your initial query or if you wish to make a complaint you should notify the Compliance department by
Telephoning on +44 203 857 2100
Writing to Compliance Department, One Financial Markets, 1 Finsbury Market, London, EC2A 2BN, United Kingdom
In the event that we receive a complaint that cannot be resolved within 24 hours you will receive a formal acknowledgment from us via email. The matter will then be investigated fully and impartially by the Compliance department; all necessary evidence and documents will be reviewed, interviews with relevant employees will be undertaken and relevant guidance from our regulator, the FCA and from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) will be considered.
Once our investigations are complete you will receive a final written response offering any redress we feel is appropriate. This final response must be issued within 8 weeks of receipt of the complaint but it is unusual for investigations to take this long and, in normal circumstances, we are able to respond within 4 weeks.
We will consider all complaints received from an ‘eligible complainant’. An eligible complainant is:
- A private individual; or
- A business, which has an annual turnover of less than £1m; or
- A charity, which has an annual income of less than £1m; or
- A trustee of a trust, which has a net asset value of less than £1m;
(Please note that a complaint may be made on behalf of an eligible complainant by another party authorised by you)
- Who is or has been a customer of One Financial Markets; and
- Where the complaint arises out of matters relevant to being or having been a customer;
- Where the complaint arises out of our actions or failure to act where the complainant is a potential customer of One Financial Markets.
A ‘final response’ is where:
- We believe we have fully addressed your complaint; and
- We have notified you that you may refer your complaint to FOS if you remain dissatisfied with our final response and that you must do so within 6 months (from the date of the final response); and
- We have enclosed a copy of the FOS explanatory leaflet or link to the FOS website.
We will consider a complaint closed when:
- We have sent you a final response; or
- You have indicated in writing that you accept our response or offer (as the case may be); or
- You fail to respond to our correspondence within 8 weeks from the date of our written response.
For your information
We are required to submit a detailed report to the FCA twice a year (April and October) regarding our complaints procedures and records. We must report regarding the number and type of complaints that we have received and when these complaints have been closed.
One Financial Markets
1 Finsbury Market,
Tel: 0203 857 2100
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
Tel: 0845 080 1800